play, learn, dream
The YSA — initially known as the Youth Winter Sports Alliance (YWSA) — was established as a legacy to the 2002 Winter Olympic Games to spearhead a community wide effort to increase the number of children participating in winter sport programs from the greater Park City area, as well as the surrounding Summit and Wasatch Counties in Utah.
Today, YSA supports seven competitive winter sports teams, after school programs including Get Out & Play (GO&P) for elementary school students and ACTiV8 for middle school and junior high school students and provides scholarships for junior athletes. Through these programs, we touch the lives of more than 2,200 youth each year.
THE IMPACT OF YOUR GENEROSITY
Grooming Dreams, Building Futures
2017 Team USA
Award Winners named to
2017 Team USA
received need-based training
funding from YSA
Alumna named to
2017 Team USA
SUPPORT THE YSA
Make an Impact
The Youth Sports Alliance has broadended its mission to add youth after-school programming which serves as a pathway to winter sports clubs and competition. We have established the Stein Eriksen YSA Opportunity Endowment, a $2 million need-based scholarship endowment. This fund provides more than $115,000 in need-based scholarships each year to athletes to defray coaching, travel and equipment costs. Teams and the YSA collaborate on media and additional funding opportunities.
We follow proven practices to ensure that your donations are always put to the best possible use. All YSA member teams meet specific criteria including coach and business licensing, adherence to National Governing Body Rules, maintaining healthy financial procedures, and more.
There are many ways you can help:
Opportunity Drawing For Windstar Cruise
Treasures of the Greek Isles 7-night May 10–17, 2020 package includes:
- Itinerary - Athens, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Patmos, Santorini, Monemvasia, Nafplio, Athens;
- Champagne Welcome Reception;
- Learn how to sail with the Captain or officers on the Open Bridge;
- Ocean views from all beautifully appointed staterooms;
- Cooking demonstrations and recipes by James Beard Foundation chef;
- Market tours with the chef to select seasonal local ingredients for upcoming meals;
- All meals, including non-alcoholic beverages, in all venues, including 24-hour room service;
- Watersports Platform, including all watersports equipment featuring complimentary kayaks, paddleboards, water trampoline and more;
- Private Windstar dinner experience at the Celsus Library in the ancient city of Ephesus; and
Economy Class airline travel credit up to $4,000 (must originate from an international airport) winner chosen on October 26, 2019.
October, 26, 2019
JANS 39th Winter Welcome
JANS Winter Welcome (JWW) is the premiere fundraising event supporting youth winter sports programs in Park City. Each year, the Youth Sports Alliance raises vital funds to support more than 2,800 kids participating in the seven YSA-supported competitive winter sports programs and YSA's after-school programs, Get Out & Play and ACTiV8. 400 of the most prominent members of the local community, the snow sports industry, and friends from across the country, mingle, dine and bid on auction items, while raising more than $400,000 to support teams and fund scholarships for junior athletes.