Founded to foster the development of sports teams in Park City following the 2002 Olympic Games, the Youth Sports Alliance later broadened its mission to add youth after-school programing which serves as a pathway to winter sports clubs and competition and established the Stein Eriksen YSA Opportunity Endowment, a $2 million need-based scholarship endowment.
Local athletes Steve Holcomb, Billy Demong, Joss Christensen, Sage Kotsenberg and Ted Ligety
Annually, YSA organizes JANS Winter Welcome, the preeminent black-tie fundraising event held in Park City. The event raises more than $250,000 to financially support YSA’s seven competitive sport teams. Additionally, Stein Eriksen YSA Opportunity Endowment provides more than $115,000 in need-based scholarships each year to athletes to defray coaching, travel and equipment costs. Teams and the YSA collaborate on media and additional funding opportunities.
All YSA memeber teams meet specific criteria including coach and business licensing, adherence to National Governing Body rules, maintaining healthy financial procedures and more.
YSA ON THE WORLD STAGE
- 35 Alumni of YSA Teams named to 2017 Team USA
- 19 YSA Circle of Excellence Award Winners named to 2017 Team USA
- 4 2017 Team USA Members received need-based training funding from YSA
- 1 Get Out & Play Alumna named to 2017 Team USA
- Several YSA Athletes compete for other countries including Great Britain, Hungary and Uganda