- This event has passed.
WSD Alpine Skiing at Deer Valley 2022
January 6, 2022 @ 1:15 pm - 4:00 pm$50.00 – $235.00
The Get Out & Play Alpine Ski program gives kids the opportunity to begin or continue to learn skiing skills alongside their peers. The program is based on the unique partnerships we have built with our local resorts, and utilizes their talented ski instructors.
Dates: Thursdays! Jan 6, Jan 13, Jan 20, Jan 27, and Feb 3.
Venue: Deer Valley
Deer Valley Waiver: Please be sure to complete the Deer Valley waiver either during or after you've finished the registration process at the following link: Deer Valley Waiver. Your child will not be able to participate until the Deer Valley waiver has been completed.
- Regular scholarships are available for students with families earning less than $50,000 annually. Just select a Scholarship ticket below to complete the registration process for your child.
- Partial Scholarships are now also available for families earning between $50,000 and $100,000 annually. To apply for a Partial Scholarship, please complete the application linked here to help us understand your financial challenges.
Registration Deadlines: Be sure to register early as prices will increase on November 23, 2021 and registration will close on November 30, 2021 at 11:59pm.
Skier Skill Levels: Lessons are designed for skiers at a beginner to low intermediate level. More advanced skiers/snowboarders may want to instead sign up for the UOP and/or Woodward programs, or the Cross Country Skiing program.
National Ability Center (NAC) Assistance: If your child will need assistance from the NAC, please contact Andrew Ball at [email protected] once you’ve completed registration.
The entire program is parent supported and chaperoned, so please do your best to assist! To make this program happen affordably we need parent volunteers. Volunteers for School Coordinator will receive a sizable discount on one (1) child’s registration. Other volunteer positions include Chaperones (who receive a half day ski pass for the day they volunteer), as well as Gear-up Helpers at the schools. To volunteer CLICK HERE!
To help ensure the health and safety of our Get Out & Play participants, volunteers, coaches, and staff, and in alignment with the Park City School District, our policies related to COVID-19 are as follows:
- In the event of a school closure resulting from COVID-19, students from the closed school will not be allowed to participate in our programs on the date(s) that the school is closed.
- In the event your child is quarantined due to a COVID-19 diagnosis or COVID-19 exposure, your child will not be allowed to participate in our programs during the dates of quarantine. Due to COVID-19 having asymptomatic carriers, if any family member (within same household) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, that student is not allowed to participate.
In these scenarios, you will receive a refund for the portion of your registration fee for the day(s) your child is not allowed to attend less a small administrative charge.
Please do not send your child if they are exhibiting any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Unexplainable rash
This policy is subject to change based on state and county directives.
- No refunds will be issued for bad weather.
- Students who have never skied before must be present at the first lesson, unless the student is unable to attend the first lesson due to a COVID-19 school closure or quarantine.