- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT! 2021 Alpine Ski and Snowboard for Jeremy Ranch and Homeschoolers
January 8 @ 1:15 pm - 4:00 pm$50 – $205
The Get Out & Play Alpine Ski and Snowboard program gives kids the opportunity to begin or continue to learn skiing or snowboarding skills alongside their peers. The program is based on the unique partnerships we have built with our local resorts, and utilizes their talented ski instructors.
Changes for the 2020-21 Season: We all know that this is a different year, and we must do different things in order to achieve our primary goal which is to get kids on the mountain to have fun! That said, there are a few important changes to our program for this year:
- Transportation not provided due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you are unable to provide transportation for your child, please contact [email protected] as soon as you complete your registration.
- Minimum age requirement. Your child must be at least age 7 on January 7, 2021 in order to participate in this program. We hope this requirement is only for this school year and that we can enroll younger skiers next year. However, the change aligns with the pandemic-related age restriction Park City Mountain has put in place for its alpine ski/ride lessons. Please note that we do have other programs available for students under age 7.
- Program duration. To alleviate the number of vehicles arriving at the resorts at the same time, each school will be assigned a 4-week session rather than 5 weeks as we have done in the past.
Dates: Jan 8, Jan 15, Jan 22, and Jan 29.
Venue: Park City Mountain
Drop-off/Pick-up: Students will be assigned a drop-off time between 1:00-1:15PM. Please arrive on time to allow lessons to start promptly. Arrive at the ski resort by 3:45PM so you are available to pick your student(s) up when lessons end at 4:00PM.
Program Fee: $160 w/season pass; $180 w/o season pass. The Program Fee includes lift tickets (if your child does not have a season pass) and instruction.
- Regular scholarships are available for students with families earning less than $50,000 annually. Just select a Scholarship ticket below to complete the registration process for your child.
- Partial Scholarships are now also available for families earning between $50,000 and $100,000 annually. To apply for a Partial Scholarship, please complete the application linked hereto help us understand your financial challenges.
Registration Deadlines: Be sure to register early as prices will increase on November 23, 2020 and registration will close on November 30, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Skier/Snowboarder Skill Levels: Lessons are designed for skiers/snowboarders at a beginner to low intermediate level. More advanced skiers/snowboarders may want to instead sign up for the UOP and/or Woodward programs, or the Cross Country Skiing program.
National Ability Center (NAC) Assistance: If your child will need assistance from the NAC, please contact Andrew Ball at [email protected] once you’ve completed registration.
The entire program is parent supported and chaperoned, so please do your best to assist! To make this program happen affordably we need parent volunteers. Volunteers for School Coordinator will receive a sizable discount on one (1) child’s registration. Other volunteer positions include Chaperones (who receive a half day ski pass for the day they volunteer), as well as Gear-up Helpers at the schools. To volunteer CLICK HERE!
To help ensure the health and safety of our Get Out & Play participants, volunteers, coaches, and staff, and in alignment with the Park City School District, our policies related to COVID-19 are as follows:
- In the event of a school closure resulting from COVID-19, students from the closed school will not be allowed to participate in our programs on the date(s) that the school is closed.
- In the event your child is quarantined due to a COVID-19 diagnosis or COVID-19 exposure, your child will not be allowed to participate in our programs during the dates of quarantine. Due to COVID-19 having asymptomatic carriers, if any family member (within same household) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, that student is not allowed to participate.
In these scenarios, you will receive a refund for the portion of your registration fee for the day(s) your child is not allowed to attend less a small administrative charge.
Keep in mind that your child must wear a mask unless otherwise directed by their coach, and absolutely do not bring/send your child if he/she is sick. Our coaches will conduct a quick symptom screening each day of the program, and will call you to pick your child up if they are exhibiting any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Unexplainable rash
This policy is subject to change based on state and county directives.
- No refunds will be issued for bad weather.
- Students who have never skied or snowboarded before must be present at the first lesson, unless the student is unable to attend the first lesson due to a COVID-19 school closure or quarantine.