SOLD OUT! Get Out & Play, Cross Country Skiing Session 2 (Winter 2021)
January 29 @ 1:15 pm - 3:00 pm$40 – $80
Cross country skiing is a great way to build fitness and enjoy being outdoors with friends, and the Get Out & Play - Cross Country Skiing program is specifically designed to build ski skills and confidence in a fun environment! The sessions are intended for students who want to learn the fundamentals of cross country skiing through games, drills, and skiing with peers.
Dates: Jan 29, Feb 5, and Feb 12
Program Fee: $80
- Regular scholarships are available for students with families earning less than $50,000 annually. Just select a Scholarship ticket below to complete the registration process for your child.
- Partial Scholarships are now also available for families earning between $50,000 and $100,000 annually. To apply for a Partial Scholarship, please complete the application linked here to help us understand your financial challenges.
Equipment is provided for students at no cost through the White Pine Nordic Center, and instructors are from the Park City Ski and Snowboard Nordic Team. We do need a parent chaperone each week, and that parent is also welcome to borrow skis from White Pine for the session at no cost. Please CLICK HERE to volunteer!
Transportation not provided due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you are unable to provide transportation for your child, please contact [email protected] as soon as you complete your registration.
Drop-off/Pick-up: Please arrive between 1:00-1:15PM to allow lessons to start promptly. Return to the Nordic Center by 2:45PM so you are available to pick your student(s) up when lessons end at 3:00PM.
Registration Deadlines: Be sure to register early as prices will increase on November 23, 2020 and registration will close on November 30, 2020 at 11:59pm.
- We will ski regardless of the weather, and no refunds will be available for bad weather.
To help ensure the health and safety of our Get Out & Play participants, volunteers, coaches, and staff, and in alignment with the Park City School District, our policies related to COVID-19 are as follows:
- In the event of a school closure resulting from COVID-19, students from the closed school will not be allowed to participate in our programs on the date(s) that the school is closed.
- In the event your child is quarantined due to a COVID-19 diagnosis or COVID-19 exposure, your child will not be allowed to participate in our programs during the dates of quarantine. Due to COVID-19 having asymptomatic carriers, if any family member (within same household) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, that student is not allowed to participate.
In these scenarios, you will receive a refund for the portion of your registration fee for the day(s) your child is not allowed to attend less a small administrative charge.
Keep in mind that your child must wear a mask unless otherwise directed by their coach, and absolutely do not bring/send your child if he/she is sick. Our coaches will conduct a quick symptom screening each day of the program, and will call you to pick your child up if they are exhibiting any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Unexplainable rash
This policy is subject to change based on state and county directives.