- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT! Get Out & Play, UOP Freestyle Skiing – Session 1 (Winter 2021)
January 8 @ 1:15 pm - 3:00 pm$50 – $160
IMPORTANT! Skiers must be at a minimum of an intermediate level to participate in this program (i.e., must be able to parallel ski on Blue runs or above).
This is an introductory course that takes place at the Utah Olympic Park (UOP) for students who are beginners at freestyle skiing. Students will be introduced to basic freestyle maneuvers in the air and on the ground with the use of jumps, bumps, rails and skier cross. Instruction is provided by Park City Ski and Snowboard (PCSS).
Dates: January 8, January 15, January 22, and January 29
Program Fees: $140 w/ UOP season pass; $160 w/o UOP season pass. The Program Fee includes UOP pass (if your child does not have a season pass), and instruction.
- Regular scholarships are available for students with families earning less than $50,000 annually. Just select a Scholarship ticket below to complete the registration process for your child.
- Partial Scholarships are now also available for families earning between $50,000 and $100,000 annually. To apply for a Partial Scholarship, please complete the application linked here to help us understand your financial challenges.
UOP Waiver: Please be sure to complete the UOP waiver either during or after you've finished the registration process at the following link: Utah Olympic Park Waiver. Your child will not be able to participate until the UOP waiver has been completed.
Volunteers: Volunteers for School Coordinator will receive a sizable discount on one (1) child’s registration. Please contact [email protected] if you are interested in being a School Coordinator.
Transportation not provided due to COVID-19 restrictions. If you are unable to provide transportation for your child, please contact [email protected] as soon as you complete your registration.
Drop-off/Pick-up: Please arrive between 1:00-1:15PM to allow lessons to start promptly. Return to the UOP by 2:45PM so you are available to pick your student(s) up when lessons end at 3:00PM.
Registration Deadlines: Be sure to register early as prices will increase on November 23, 2020 and registration will close on November 30, 2020 at 11:59pm.
- We will ski regardless of the weather, and no refunds will be available for bad weather.
To help ensure the health and safety of our Get Out & Play participants, volunteers, coaches, and staff, and in alignment with the Park City School District, our policies related to COVID-19 are as follows:
- In the event of a school closure resulting from COVID-19, students from the closed school will not be allowed to participate in our programs on the date(s) that the school is closed.
- In the event your child is quarantined due to a COVID-19 diagnosis or COVID-19 exposure, your child will not be allowed to participate in our programs during the dates of quarantine. Due to COVID-19 having asymptomatic carriers, if any family member (within same household) exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms, that student is not allowed to participate.
In these scenarios, you will receive a refund for the portion of your registration fee for the day(s) your child is not allowed to attend less a small administrative charge.
Keep in mind that your child must wear a mask unless otherwise directed by their coach, and absolutely do not bring/send your child if he/she is sick. Our coaches will conduct a quick symptom screening each day of the program, and will call you to pick your child up if they are exhibiting any of the following COVID-19 symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Unexplainable rash
This policy is subject to change based on state and county directives.