- This event has passed.
Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding
January 9 @ 12:45 pm - 4:30 pm
The Get Out & Play Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding program gives kids the opportunity to begin or continue to learn skiing or snowboarding skills alongside their peers. The program is based on our unique partnerships with Park City Mountain, Canyons Village and Deer Valley, and utilizes their talented ski instructors.
Weilenmann Dates: January 9, January 16, January 23, January 30, and February 6
Park City Dates: January 10, January 17, January 24, January 31, and February 7
Time: Buses arrive at school at 12:45pm and return to school between 4:15-4:30pm.
Program Fee: $210 w/season pass; $235 w/o season pass. Be sure to register early as prices will increase on November 18, 2019. Scholarships are available for students demonstrating financial need.
The Program Fee includes transportation, lift ticket (if your child does not have a season pass), and instruction.
Venues: Based on school, students arrive/depart on the bus from the following venues each week.
- Deer Valley - students from Weilenmann School
- Park City Mountain - students from Jeremy Ranch, McPolin, and Silver Summit
- Canyons Village - students from Parley's Park, Trailside, Park City Day School, and Weilenmann
Skier/Snowboarder Skill Levels: Lessons are designed for skiers/snowboarders at a beginner to low intermediate level (see descriptions below). More advanced skiers/snowboarders may want to instead sign up for the UOP and/or Woodward programs, or Cross Country Skiing program.
- Level 1: First time skiing/snowboarding and cannot stop
- Level 2: Has skied before and is linking turns/has snowboarded before and is working on linking topside and heel side turns
- Level 3: Learning to control speed on skis/able to link topside and heel side turns on their snowboard
- Level 4: Confident making turns, beginning or parallel skiing on green runs/able to link turns on green and blue runs on their snowboard
- Level 5: Parallel skier on green and blue runs
The program begins immediately after school with students gearing up with the help of parent volunteers. Students then board a bus for transport to the ski hill where they will have a 2½ hour ski or snowboard lesson with their instructor. Once the lesson is completed, students are transported back to school where parents can pick them up.
The entire program is parent supported and chaperoned, so please do your best to assist! To make this program happen affordably we need parent volunteers. Volunteers for Lead School Coordinator will receive a sizable discount on one (1) child’s registration. Other volunteer positions include Bus Chaperones (who receive a half day ski pass for the day they volunteer), as well as Gear-up and Armband Helpers at the schools. To volunteer CLICK HERE!
- No refunds will be issued for bad weather.
- Students who have never skied or snowboarded before must be present at the first lesson.
HOMESCHOOLERS: Travel time to/from venue included in estimated timeframe. Actual lesson time is 1:15-3:30PM.
There may be some spots still available for some schools. Please click HERE to see if there is a spot for your school.
Weilenmann: Thursday, Jan 9th
Park City: Friday, Jan 10th
Weilenmann: Thursday, Jan 16th
Park City: Friday, Jan 17th
Weilenmann: Thursday, Jan 23rd
Park City: Friday, Jan 24th
Weilenmann: Thursday, Jan 30th
Park City: Friday, Jan 31st
Weilenmann: Thursday, Feb 6th
Park City: Friday, Feb 7th