- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT!!! PSIA Ski/Snowboard Junior Instructor Certification for 14-16 year olds
November 4 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm$10.00 – $30.00
Ever wonder what it would be like to teach skiing or snowboarding? Here’s a great way to find out! Participate in the Junior Instructor Program, sponsored by YSA and the Professional Ski Instructors of America - American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI).
Learn what it’s like to work as an instructor and earn a nationally-recognized certificate that can open the door to teaching at a local resort.
Dates: Fridays Classroom Nov 4, 11, (at school 11:30-1:30) On Snow at Woodward December 3rd & December 10 for two 6 hours training sessions.
Taking Part In This Program:
- Makes you a better skier or snowboarder
- Connects you with others who share your snowsports passion
- Helps you develop important career and life skills, such as: Communication, Dedication, Discipline, Independence, Instruction, Leadership, Group management, Professionalism, Public speaking
- Gives you a solid foundation of skills to help you work in the snowsports industry during and after high school.
- Participate in 4 hours of classroom learning including three online learning units.
- Complete a 12-hour training course on snow at a local resort.) Lift tickets will be provided for on snow sessions.
- Shadow 6 hours of lessons at the resort’s ski and ride school.
- Demonstrate a minimum sliding ability in 2 areas:
- Must have the ability to maneuver safely in a learning area and around all surface lifts or up/down hills and trails.
- Must show the ability to safely ski or ride in a group on blue terrain.
- Complete the course portfolio and have it signed by a snowsports supervisor.
- Write and submit a letter of intent that describes why you want to become a snowsports instructor. Students will have the option to apply for a seasonal position as a Junior Instructor at the host resort after completing this course.
Option for employment with Woodward (subject to interview).