The Youth Sports Alliance (YSA) is pleased to announce the official Park City Nation Olympic Delegation to the PyeongChang Olympics.
The 54 athletes representing Park City Nation train with or coach the seven YSA-supported winter sports teams or make Park City their home.
Some fun statistics:
- 54 Athletes with close ties to Park City representing six countries (USA, Ghana, Ireland, Great Britain, Hungary, & Australia) will compete in PyeongChang.
- Athletes with close ties to Park City make up 20% of Team USA.
- 22 Athletes who trained with our local teams will compete in PyeongChang (20 Park City Ski & Snowboard, 1 Wasatch Freestyle & 1 Wasatch Luge).
- 14 Park City Ski & Snowboard Athletes will compete for Team USA, making up 6% of the team.
- 8 Park City School District Alums will compete in PyeongChang, including 7 for Team USA. This represents 3% of Team USA.
- 9 Winter Sports School students/alums will compete in PyeongChang including 8 for Team USA. This represents 4% of Team USA.
- 3 Stein Eriksen YSA Opportunity Endowment recipients will compete in PyeongChang including 2 for the United States.
- 1 Coach for a local team will compete in PyeongChang.